We’re looking for an organized, tech-savvy, and detail-oriented individual to join our team as Operations + Content Manager at Go Vegan Recipes.
This role is largely focused on operations and project management. A portion of the work will involve content management as well. More on that below!
Mission and vision:
At Go Vegan Recipes, our mission is to create educational and entertaining content that helps people create delicious vegan meals at home.
Our content (whether on our YouTube Channel, Instagram account, or website) aims to help people master vegan cooking thanks to meticulously tested recipes and carefully considered frameworks.
Though our team is small, we reach millions of people every year. We hope you’ll consider joining us!
Who you’ll work with:
Me (Nisha), my partner Max, our community manager Kaitlin, our recipe tester Callie, and our valued freelance contributors (writers, video editors, photographers, etc.).
Whether it’s a new YouTube video, Instagram reel, blog post, recipe, or even a hush-hush special project we can’t talk about just yet, we always have a lot on our plates. Here is a sampling of some of the work you’ll do:
- Coordinate production of diverse content, including blog posts, YouTube videos, Instagram videos, cookbooks, and our special project (shhh, it’s a secret!). You will regularly liaise with and project manage multiple parties, including writers, photographers, and recipe testers.
- Set up efficient workflows, systems, and processes in Notion to streamline team communication and content production.
- Manage the content calendar across platforms, prioritizing posts and recipes based on seasonality, trends, and relevance.
- Monitor and analyze blog, social, and email analytics to inform content strategies.
- Perform ad hoc research for lifestyle posts and suggest topics for recipe round-ups and newsletters.
- Conduct audits to identify blog content that needs updating and track post performance.
- Perform and prioritize keyword research for new blog posts and older posts.
- Update older blog posts as needed.
- Manage the email calendar, including the scheduling and updating of email content and liaising with our copywriter.
Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate for this position should have:
- Exceptional organizational skills to effectively manage project files, schedules, and important details.
- Tech-savviness and familiarity with task management software like Notion, ClickUp, and Google Sheets, or the ability to very quickly learn new tools.
- Strong attention to detail to maintain high-quality standards for all content and tasks.
- Excellent time management skills, capable of juggling multiple schedules and deadlines, and creating well-defined project plans.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to provide clear instructions to colleagues and contractors, facilitating efficient project completion.
- Problem-solving abilities to address everyday business challenges and implement effective solutions.
- Writing skills sufficient for making simple updates to blog posts and emails, as well as proofreading and reviewing content.
- An enthusiastic, can-do attitude. You may not know the answer to every question but you’ll use your resourcefulness to figure it out.
- Relevant past experience in content management (especially in food) is a bonus but not required.
- Hours: 20 to 40 hours per week (please indicate your preferred hours in the application).
- Starting Date: As soon as possible.
- Compensation: Competitive hourly rate based on experience and qualifications.
- Schedule: Monday to Friday. The exact time is flexible but must significantly overlap with 9am to 5pm Pacific time.
- Location: Anywhere in the US! This is a remote position.
If you possess these skills and are excited about contributing to a dynamic and growing plant-based brand, we look forward to receiving your application!
Application Deadline: Rolling basis until the position is filled.
Ready to apply? Click the button below.